How can I stop underarm sweating permanently and safely?
Why do we sweat?
Our bodies produce sweat to help cool us down when we're overheated.
How is sweat produced?
Underarm sweat is produced through two types of sweat glands located just below the surface of the skin. The eccrine glands secrete a clear, odorless fluid to help cool the body. The apocrine glands produce a thicker fluid that gives underarm sweat its distinctive odor.
Why do some people sweat more than others?
Some people have overactive sweat glands, meaning they frequently turn on when they should be at rest, and they produce much more sweat than what's needed to cool the body. Some people's sweat glands can produce four or five times more sweat than normal.
So it's not unusual to sweat a lot?
Not in the least. It's a condition that affects millions of people. In fact, 1 in 5 Americans says they sweat excessively.
* Data on file.
How do I know if I sweat too much?
If you answer yes to any of the following, the miraDry® procedure may be right for you.
- Does your underarm sweat make you feel embarrassed?
- Does underarm sweat interfere with your daily activities?
- Do you frequently apply antiperspirant?
- Do you worry someone will notice your sweat stains?
- Do you change your clothes more than once a day due to underarm sweat?
- Do you wear fabrics, colors and styles of clothes that do not show sweat easily?
- Are you frustrated over constantly ruining clothes?